Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Recording "Summer"

This song was entirely written and recorded on July 3rd, 2009. Vern started playing guitar and asked Patrick, a friend who was in town from Oakland, if he could think of some cool piano to go with it. Patrick proceeded to come up with the awesome keys section. Then Vern said “okay, Clare, you’re up.” I wrote the lyrics and Vern and I both wrote the vocals.

Then we headed to the studio! We recorded drums first, then piano, guitar, bass, vocals, backup vocals, and the trumpet. I filmed the process and when my turn came up, Vern filmed me. The video came together from that footage.

Vern–wrote and performed all drums, guitar, bass, trumpet and backup vocalsPatrick–wrote and performed all piano (on the Rhodes)Clare–wrote and performed all lyrics, vocals and backup vocalsVern and Patrick–recording engineers

Vern edited the video footage and made the video on July 5th.

LadyBoy is born.

-Clare

1 comment: